FORUMS: list search recent posts

PS3 Blu Ray shows extra duplicate audio tracks

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Eber
PS3 Blu Ray shows extra duplicate audio tracks
on Dec 12, 2011 at 7:00:55 pm

I authored a Blu Ray in Encore CS4. It has two audio tracks: Track 1 is a stereo PCM, Track 2 is a 5.1 AC3.

When I play the blu ray on the PS3, I see four audio tracks. Track 1 is stereo PCM, Track 2 is stereo PCM, Track 3 is 5.1 AC3, and track 4 is 5.1 AC3.

I can't figure out why this is happening.

I checked the stream after building the Blu Ray in VLC, and it sees only two tracks, identified properly. I checked the stream in MediaInfo and it also only sees two tracks and identifies them properly too.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bryan

Return to posts index

Rainer Feile
Re: PS3 Blu Ray shows extra duplicate audio tracks
on Jul 2, 2012 at 1:28:34 pm

Hi Bryan,

i can see your post was a while ago but i've come across a similar problem and i was wondering if you've found a solution yet..

Regards,
Rainer

Return to posts index

Bryan Eber
Re: PS3 Blu Ray shows extra duplicate audio tracks
on Jul 11, 2012 at 7:03:54 pm

I remember one thing that fixed several of my issues. It was to make sure that all audio tracks and video tracks are created at the exact same length.

For example, lets say your audio has one extra second of silence before the video starts. If you trim the audio in the timeline to match the picture, it messes up Encore. It's better to take the track out of the program, fix it, and bring it back in.

Trimming audio and video exactly the same way seems okay, however. For example, if you want to trim one second from the top of both the audio AND the video on all tracks, that's fine. If one track is trimmed differently than any of the others then problems start.

Hope that helps,
Bryan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]