FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Blu Ray doesn't play one of my scenes

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Carrasco
Encore Blu Ray doesn't play one of my scenes
on Dec 6, 2011 at 3:12:21 am

I desperately need some help with an issue I am having with a Blu Ray I created with Adobe Encore CS5 for PC.
I have three videos on there (two of which have chapter selections) but only 2 of the videos play when viewed in a home theater style Blu Ray player.
All three videos were created in Adobe PP CS5 and exported with the same exact settings but one video on the disc has a black screen when played. The audio plays on the background fine. The odd thing about this is the disc plays perfectly on my two Blu Ray drives as home but my client informed me about the issue with three of their players. I then tested it at a friends on their player and saw the issue.
I set up the whole project in encore and it test builds with no issues.
I can't figure out what the heck is going on but it's driving me crazy that 2/3 of the disc is flawless but the first video on there doesn't work.
Anybody hear of this before??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Encore Blu Ray doesn't play one of my scenes
on Dec 6, 2011 at 4:16:55 am

Have you tried re-encoding?

Return to posts index

Andy Carrasco
on Dec 6, 2011 at 4:18:35 am

Yes I have but I got the same issue. I will be trying it again tonight in hopes that a third time does the trick.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Dec 10, 2011 at 7:46:38 am

andy,
I would start from scratch, if the project is not too complicated.

1.) transcode your assets using AME
2.) start authoring your BD using these transcoded assets
3.) burn it to high quality BD-R like verbatim
4.) check the BD on different players (especially different manufacturer - we┬┤ve figured out, that sony+philips and panasonic are reacting totally different.

finally if they have older BD-players they could have a problem with BD-R-media in general.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]