FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using a "Common" video thumbnail?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Boerger
Using a "Common" video thumbnail?
on Nov 21, 2011 at 5:17:55 am

I am trying to create a menu with about 5 Button items on them and I want them all to have a Video Thumbnail. Traditionally I have had a small thumbnail just above the text and ended up having multiple videos displaying at the same time. For this project I am trying to use a "common" space on the menu for each button to display the video when it is highlighted.

The lay out is basically 5 buttons on the right side in a vertical column and the common space on the left side. I have created the layout and Encore is throwing an error about button overlap. I know that Encore sees the space that is linking the video and the button as one large button and this will only allow the top layer to be valid at any time. I have tried a really complicated way of trying to create a new menu for each button with only the active button having a (%) preview linked to it but then I am unable to move to the next button since again Encore sees most the screen as a single button.

I really do not care if the video is linked as a actionable item, I am more interested in using it as a preview window than a button.

Is there a way to solve this issue that I am overlooking or am I needing to go back to the drawing board on this idea?

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
Re: Using a "Common" video thumbnail?
on Nov 21, 2011 at 4:04:04 pm

Eric,

Only way to accomplish this is to create separate menus for each of the 5 buttons. Then when you navigate to the button, set it to autoexecute a jump to the appropriate menu. There will be a pause at the autoexecute point, and you can't have audio continue, so this is not a very elegant interface. But that's the way it would have to be done for DVD.

Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Eric Boerger
Re: Using a "Common" video thumbnail?
on Nov 21, 2011 at 4:40:05 pm

The issue with this was that the preview screen is the same size as the 5 buttons on the side so it sees it as a single button and will not let me change the navigation due to the overlap issue.

-------- {-}
| | {-}
| | {-}
| | {-}
------- {-}

Here is a cheap and dirty ascii visual of the layout.

The issue I can't seem to figure out is how to navigate the buttons since Encore sees every button as basically full screen since it overlaps the video and a button as a single button. Is there a way to define a shape better than just a large square?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]