FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating animated video wall for menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Boerger
Creating animated video wall for menu
on Nov 13, 2011 at 7:57:22 pm

I am struggling in trying to create an animated video wall style effect for a DVD menu that I saw at a friends recently. The effect was one that was effectively a video wall made up of 16 or so frames and at points 80% or more of the frames were all of the same video running at full screen and the remaining 20 % were of seemingly random points from the time line and these locations would change and the back ground video shifted between points on the timeline though out the menu.

When I asked which Authoring program was use I was shocked to learn that it was the basic Windows DVD Maker that came with Windows 7. I found a brief video that shows the effect (Forgive the music and the overlay graphic) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InhGe4eiWOs

I am looking to create a similar effect and will freely admit that I do not know Encore and this is my first real trial on a real Authoring program other than building a simple PSD and using it as a menu. I would use the Windows DVD Maker but I need more flexibility on the timeline ordering, sub-menus and other items to use something with no configuration options other than Text color.

I tried to do a Picture in Picture PSD and masking and I can get videos to remap to each location on the screen but I end up with 16 videos that play straight through and not a video that takes up most the screen and randomly jumps to points on the timeline for both the overall and the subshots. Is there scripting that I am not figuring out in Encore to let me do this?

Any pointers would be great on this since I am scratching my head on a way to do this... Thanks!


Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Creating animated video wall for menu
on Nov 14, 2011 at 11:05:55 pm

This is not possible with Encore. It appears Windows DVD Maker generates a complex motion background using a special internal script. Encore does not have anything like that.

To create a motion background with that type of complexity, you would need to composite it in After Effects (or Premiere if you prefer), render it out, then set it as a motion background in Encore, and create your own button highlights with a PSD file.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]