FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD wont play on Mac Leopard

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Ganseblume
DVD wont play on Mac Leopard
on Nov 9, 2011 at 11:21:46 am

Hi everyone,

I produced a rather complex dvd a few days ago using Adobe Encore, which was ment to go into production these days. I tested it on several DVD players, Windows Computers, Mac Lion and Snow Leopard (lastest was the computer I used for production) and it worked just fine.

I even manually added the AUDIO_TS folder in order to make it work on older DVD Players.

So far so good... Today it turned out that it doesn't seem to be working Mac Leopard 10.5.8. It does appear in Finder but won't playback neither in the preinstalled DVD Player nor in the VLC Player.

Does anybody have any clue what could cause this problem?

I would be really really greatful for any ideas!

Greez, Lisa

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: DVD wont play on Mac Leopard
on Nov 9, 2011 at 2:09:29 pm

There were only 1 or 2 Sharp models way back when that needed the AUDIO_TS folder so its not needed anymore. How did you burn the new discs?

Return to posts index

Lisa Ganseblume
on Nov 9, 2011 at 8:56:02 pm

I usually write an ISO Image first using Adobe Encore, than open it in Finder, pull the VIDEO_TS folder to the new disc (which I also open in Finder), add the AUDIO_TS (let's just be on the safe side, I don't think it hurts to add it) and press Burn.

By the way: I'm on a Mac Pro if that could give anybody a hint.

Return to posts index

Lisa Ganseblume
on Nov 9, 2011 at 9:32:35 pm

I've narrowed it down. The Auto Start doesn't work. If I pull the VIDEO_TS Folder into the dvd player it does work.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Nov 12, 2011 at 1:43:25 pm

hi,
you are burning a DVD using your MAC OS finder!? that´s totally wrong! so the burning-result on your DVD will be HFS-Format, DVD needs to habe UDF-file-structure!

It´s also curious that you are creating an ISO-image, then open it, copy stuff anywhere and burning from a 2nd app, instead of using the ISO-image, which allready contain everything that you need.

you can simply use your disk-utility to burn images on DVD, just select your image and use the burn-button.

but the really best burning-app for mac is toast, it can also burn iso-images onto DVDs.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Nov 14, 2011 at 1:23:45 pm

Burn it right to disc from Encore.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Lisa Ganseblume
on Nov 17, 2011 at 1:56:15 pm

Latest one was the result. I used Encore, burned directly to DVD and it worked with tiger, leopard, snow leopard and lion, widows and dvd players. At least with me.

Now the production company called me again, telling me, that it doesn't play on their macs. The lady working there told me that she now simply opened the dvd and pulled the video_ts folder to a new disc which got the dvd playing with their computers and dvd players. Unfortunately I now have to confirm that this dvd master they created works.

Is there any method to now find out whether this disk now has the right structure? Simply testing it seems to not be doing the thing here.

Return to posts index

Lisa Ganseblume
on Nov 17, 2011 at 3:11:07 pm

The DVD now seems to be working after the VIDEO_TS Folder was pulled to a new DVD using Toast. Can anybody tell me whether this action might have changed the file structure?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]