FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't create a clean DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Diamond
Can't create a clean DVD
on Nov 4, 2011 at 10:41:13 pm

I have a clean M2V file that I'm trying to burn to DVD using Encore (5.1). The file however looks very soft and very aliased. I know the file is clean because I used the same M2V in DVD Studio Pro with no problem at all. M2Vs created using both Compressor and Adobe Media Encoder were clean in DVDSP but not in Encore. Am I missing something or is there an issue with Encore?

I'm using CS5.5 on a Mac Pro.

Rick

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Can't create a clean DVD
on Nov 7, 2011 at 5:22:00 pm

If it's already a m2v file it is what it is. Unless you have AME doing a re-encode on it. But you need to burn it to disc and view it on your TV to truly judge.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Rick Diamond
on Nov 7, 2011 at 7:06:28 pm

That's the strange part. The M2V file is clean. I can burn it using DVD Studio Pro without a problem, but Encore will not handle it cleanly. The M2V was created from a standard def DV25 timeline. I can make clean DVDs using Encore when encoding M2Vs from a 1080i timeline but apparently not from an SD timeline. Has anyone else run into this?

Rick

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Nov 8, 2011 at 5:05:55 pm

Is Encore doing any re-encoding of your file? If not, there should not be any difference, since the mpeg file that your dvd player is playing is EXACTLY the same.

Also, if you are basing your claims off the preview in Encore, then you would be correct, as the preview is always lower quality than the actual mpeg2.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]