FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seamless menu transitions without black breaks?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Berneker
Seamless menu transitions without black breaks?
on Nov 3, 2011 at 10:43:38 pm

Hi There,

I have a menu that I want to have start from an animated transition from black, hold on a menu with a looping background, and then transition to the destination clip with another transition clip.

I've done this by starting the disc with a timeline and having the end action of the timeline jump to the menu. On the menu item I have my transition asset as the first item in the destination timeline.

Unfortunately, instead of connecting the intro, menu, and transition pieces seamlessly, I get a pause with a black screen for a moment between each break. I have seen commercia Blu-Rays and DVDs that do this without the jump and wondering if perhaps I am doing something wrong, or if there may be a setting I have overlooked. Another possibility could be that Encore doesn't handle seamless transitions at all.

Has anyone else had and overcome this problem? Any help would be appreciated!!

Brian

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Seamless menu transitions without black breaks?
on Nov 4, 2011 at 3:45:54 am

Unfortunately Encore isn't really a professional authoring tool. What you've seen was done by high end tools and seasoned programmers

The blacks are caused from the laser needed to refocus to another title

Return to posts index

Brian Berneker
on Nov 4, 2011 at 12:28:28 pm

I was sort of getting the sense that Encore wasn't as powerful as I'd originally allowed myself to believe. It's a bit delicate to use and positioning elements on the flowchart can be an annoying mess at best. It's too bad, considering how powerful their media encoder is. I was looking forward to doing more with it, but if I can't make the robust interfaces I want to, I will have to go for another application.

Any suggestions as to a good Blu-Ray authoring platform for Mac without having to run a Windows app in a VM? What's this stuff I hear people saying about Blue Streak? As for programming, I'm as seasoned as they come - I just need to get up to speed on the tools and development environment.

Brian

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Nov 4, 2011 at 1:34:48 pm

You'll have to wait for Larry to chime in on that. I believe There are ways to reprogram the abstraction layer. Blu Streak was originally intended to produce a CMF image for replication...another thing Encore will not do. Ive been using Scenarist for years so I cant say for sure. There's really nothing on the Mac. Have you look at DVDLogic's suite of tools?

Return to posts index

Brian Berneker
on Nov 4, 2011 at 1:59:48 pm

Thanks Eric... not the news I wanted to hear, but at least I'm a bit more informed...

I remember scenarist from way back and how powerful it was even then. Unfortunately it doesn't have a Mac version (I shouldn't be that surprised since Apple backed HD-DVD but you'd think outside vendors would fill the void).

I could go with a VM solution if I had to I just prefer something a bit more OS integrated... there's also the performance hit.

I'll have to look into the DVD Logic suite too.

(taps foot patiently waiting for Larry to chime in...)

Brian

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Nov 4, 2011 at 2:46:55 pm

Larry Applegate.....google him and send off an email :)

Return to posts index

Volodymyr Kashuba
on Nov 5, 2011 at 11:37:51 pm

Hi Brian,
Try to read this, I thik you will find more answers for your question. http://www.precomposed.com/blog/2011/02/

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit,
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (overclocked to 4.5GHz),
CORSAIR CWCH50-1 High Performance CPU Cooler, ASUS P8P67 PRO,
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB,
EVGA GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 2GB ,
Matrox MXO2 with MAX,
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Black ATX Full Tower Computer Case,
Adobe CS 5 Production Premium

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]