FORUMS: list search recent posts

getting an subtitling error when building DVD with Encore CS5

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Dornan
getting an subtitling error when building DVD with Encore CS5
on Oct 31, 2011 at 8:29:18 pm

I've been trying to create a DVD in Encore CS5 (Mac) but every time I try to build it's giving me an error message:

Internalsoftwareerror:/Lassi/Main/XcodeProjects/AuthorCore/../..Sonic/Common/FileSystem/FileSpec.cpp, line 214

We've had a bunch of other error messages and issues with this build - others to do with subtitling as well and we've managed to figure those out, but this one seems like it will sink us.

The error comes up always as the subtitles are being encoded making me think it's a subtitling issue. I've playing with the weight and font size as per other subtitling issues but it doesn't seem to be fixing anything. It always hits at exactly the same moment. I have quite a lot of faux italics and faux bold in the subtitles but i can't lose these. I'm using Helvetica, and have tried 30, 28, 27 and 26 font size. It's about 60 mins of material on a single layer disc using 2.74Gb (1.9 Gb free)

Please help if you've seen this error and have a fix.

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: getting an subtitling error when building DVD with Encore CS5
on Nov 1, 2011 at 8:26:59 pm

Ben,
are you using a lot subtitles? how many subtitles are in your subtitle-track?

there are some issues with subtitles.

sometimes encore doesn´t like subtitles that are to close to each other or I´ve heard of some other issues when using a lot subtitles in one subtitle-track.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Ben Dornan
Re: getting an subtitling error when building DVD with Encore CS5
on Nov 1, 2011 at 8:33:33 pm

Hi Danny,

So have had to build on another machine. Can't figure out what the issue was but my MBP wouldn't build but my colleagues, (who has almost exactly the same machine) did it fine.

FYI - we've had to redo and reposition the subtitles a bunch of times, which in Encore is totally manual and incredibly time consuming.

In order to get the bold and italicized subtitles we needed for lots of sections we had to put them in changing the type face in each title card, rather than using the faux italics and bold option which when built and tried didn't show at all... Weird.

One way and another the experience of Encore has been awful. Really a time and energy magnet and it will categorically be the last time I use this piece of software.

Thanks for the response Danny.

Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]