FORUMS: list search recent posts

2x: "Orphan Timeline" & Motion Menu "File Not Found" ...?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Ross
2x: "Orphan Timeline" & Motion Menu "File Not Found" ...?
on Oct 31, 2011 at 1:17:04 pm

If this thing worked all the time like it works sometimes, I'd be the happiest person on God's Green Earth.

Sadly, it doesn't, and I'm not.

The current troubles:

(1) Even though I have correctly imported a Premiere Pro CS5 seq into Encore CS5 and created its timeline and pulled it down into the master project, when I check the project I invariably get the second seq ID'd as an "orphan timeline." I've looked at this a dozen ways and cannot, to save my life, figure out why that is so. When I burn the disc anyway, it functions normally, but the error dialog is troubling.

(2) The whole Motion Menu thing seems like a great idea someone thought up in the elevator and then nobody got the programming right. In any Motion Menu I choose, I drop the audio onto it and the menu functions normally in Preview. But trying to render it or burn the DVD, the Motion Menu hangs up with a "file not found" error dialog. What file? The sound? The motion video? Those are all present and the dialog doesn't specify. In any case, the project hangs awaiting this cure.

Has this occurred to anyone else? All ideas for rapid fixes are warmly and gratefully received. Working on a late 2009 iMac running Lion in 4GB of ram (soon to expand).

Thanx/DCR

Return to posts index

Daniel Ross
Re: 2x: "Orphan Timeline" & Motion Menu "File Not Found" ...?
on Oct 31, 2011 at 6:56:07 pm

OK, disregard (1). The scales fell from my eyes on that one, the longer I looked at it.

But what's going on with motion menus? I had a perfect burn with a motion menu so I saved it for use with others in the series. Got two DVDs burned and now the third one gives me the "file not found" when it transcodes the motion menus. All the files -- video b.g., buttons and audio -- in fact are present and checked.

Return to posts index

Elizabeth Nick
on Nov 18, 2011 at 10:47:29 pm

I had the same "file not found" problem - after searching for quite some time, I stumbled across a post where someone said their motion menues are only good for about 3 renders before they start getting the file not found error. That sounded like my situation. Here's what I did to make it work:

1. Open each menu, and then save it as a template.
2. Clear all (six, in my case) menus from the project
3. Clean out the media database. Preferences - Media - Clean Database
4. Save and close Encore
5. After reopening Encore, recreate the menus by double clicking them from the library area where they were stored as templates.
6. Redo all links.

It was a pain, but much less of a pain for me than starting completely from scratch, as I had several elements on each menu like titles and photos.

Hope it helps!
Elizabeth

Return to posts index

Jesse Dean
on May 1, 2013 at 12:47:39 am

Before you restart your project. Clear the Cache within Encore then go into your search bar and type in mlf. Delete all the mlf.... files and make sure the mlf. file is deleted in the cache folder on the project you are working on. That file is the devil and needs to be deleted and trash dumped. Doing that fixed my issue.

Download my latest House music DJ mixes at
http://www.mixdepot.net/thedirtyduo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]