FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray disk skips after burning from Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Antonelli
Blu-Ray disk skips after burning from Encore
on Oct 25, 2011 at 1:17:11 am

I just recently filmed a wedding using my Canon xa-10. I edited the footage in adobe premiere cs5 on m mac book pro, created chapters, a menu in photoshop, sent it all to encore.

I use the presets that encore suggests for me. i'm burning a project that is 58 minutes long. It creates an MPEG-2

I checked the project for errors...everything checked out, all chapters were linked properly, previewed well, no problems.

I burn the blu-rays using my external blu-ray burner (lacie d2 blu-ray burner).

I hit build, things seem to work fine. no crashes, no errors. one strange thing that does happen is on my desktop, the external burner creates multiple icons of the blu-ray that I'm burning. when the building and burning is done, I have 8 blu-ray icons on my desktop.

The burn finishes, the disk ejects from my burner. I take it out, toss another blu-ray in, burn again. That one finishes, it ejects, I take it out, throw labels on them with my "CD-STOMPER," toss them in a case, send it to the client.

3 days later, the client emails and says that BOTH blu-rays "kept stopping and would skip." They tried it in two different blu-ray players and got the same result.

I have NO IDEA why this would happen.

Come to find out, another client who I had sent standard DVD's to, also complained that the DVD's "skipped a couple of times." She felt that they may have been scratched.

Has anyone had experience with this and know what might be causing it?

thanks... bob

Return to posts index

anthony davila
Re: Blu-Ray disk skips after burning from Encore
on Oct 25, 2011 at 10:05:04 am

r u burning directly to the DVD or blur-ay disk? cause if that the case try to build the image of the disk first and then proceed to record the blur-ay or DVD from the image, if that works download the latest update in adobe.com for the software Ur using

Return to posts index

ron jones
on Nov 26, 2016 at 2:05:53 pm

Par, if not all of your problem is the CD Stomper label. Once you place a paper label on the DVD dick it creates an"off-balance" on the disk. Try not using the paper label. It is best to use professional DVD's, white printable 8X. You will have a lot less problem. Of course you will need to purchase a DVD printable printer. Their are several out their that ring one at a time. Just search. This will keep your hair black a lot longer, if you have any left.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Oct 25, 2011 at 3:30:53 pm

Have you tried testing the disks before putting the CD Stomper label on them? I gave up using stick-on labels years ago because I found that they caused problems during playback.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Oct 25, 2011 at 5:41:26 pm

stickers from stompers are WORST CASE for every media.

have you ever seen what´s happening with bimetal? then you´ll know what´ll happen with your DVD- or BD-media as well and you NEVER be able to center the stickers perfectly, so you´ll allways have no flat rotation of the disc.

one more reason NOT to use stickers: they will destroy slot-in-drives as the glue starts to loosen during rotation and the sticker will get of the media after some time - dead slot-in!

all these points are the reasons why you can get printable media for a long time now.

you should work with them - and forget about stomper labels.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Dec 2, 2016 at 3:01:15 pm

Another vote for not adding labels to CD's, DVD's, or BR's.... Has caused me nothing but trouble...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]