FORUMS: list search recent posts

Preventing SD clips from stretching in an HD Encore project

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Sandlhauser
Preventing SD clips from stretching in an HD Encore project
on Oct 21, 2011 at 2:37:32 pm

Good morning, everyone. I'm putting together a collection of the first five photographic montages I've done for my daughter. The first two were done in SD resolution, the final 3 in HD resolution. I've got my menus set up and linked correctly. DVD plays great EXCEPT I'd rather not have Encore stretch the two 4:3 clips/timelines to 16:9. Is there any way to prevent Encore from doing this? I've also noticed in the properties (I think), the 4:3 or 16:9 choice is grayed out for the first two clips...?

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Marc

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Preventing SD clips from stretching in an HD Encore project
on Oct 21, 2011 at 4:29:19 pm

You'll need to do this in Premiere Pro or another NLE.

Nest your 4:3 montage sequence/clip into an SD 16:9 sequence. Don't scale to frame size. You'll end up with black pillar boxing on the sides of the clip. When you export your sequence as 16:9, it will include the black bars. En will see the black areas as part of the 16:9 frame and not try to stretch the 4:3 video.

If you hate the black bars, then you can creatively fill those areas with other stuff. Check out sports and news channels for ideas.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Marc Sandlhauser
on Oct 21, 2011 at 4:35:33 pm

Jeff, thanks very much. That makes perfect sense. Since her birthday is tomorrow, I was hoping for a setting change. :) This will still be very easy to do. Thanks again!

Regards,
Marc

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 21, 2011 at 5:18:41 pm

You're welcome. Happy Birthday to her! :)

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]