FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jagged edges

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
christopher Griffin
Jagged edges
on Oct 20, 2011 at 5:01:10 pm

Ive been trying to figure out what is wrong with this production I am working on. I am in CS5, have tried dynamic linking as well as export/import into Encore. The video looks CRISP after exporting from Premiere, however every DVD I have burned looks like complete CRAP on an HDTV. I exported the file as MPEG-2 hoping that would help but mainly the text is noticeable and choppy edges. Is there a transcode setting that I am overlooking? I have checked "render at maximum quality" at 1280x720, the TV I am playing it on is 720p.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Jagged edges
on Oct 23, 2011 at 9:06:06 am

christopher,
your workflow is the problem....

DVD has 720x480 (NTSC) and 720x576 (PAL), so you canĀ“t encode 720p-MPEG2, because it needs to be SD-Video.

export your video as selfcontained movie to your harddisc and then transcode it to SD-MPEG2 and dolby AC3 using adobe media encoder if you need to create a DVD.

if you would like to have crisp HD-video on disc you need to create a blu-ray disc, no DVD.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

christopher Griffin
Re: Jagged edges
on Oct 23, 2011 at 10:39:34 pm

Even though I use the Dynamic Link to send my projects? It seems to me this should be taken care of with the transcode process.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]