FORUMS: list search recent posts

Link to Document in Menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Kaatz
Link to Document in Menu
on Oct 19, 2011 at 12:52:44 am

Is there anyway to link a document from a menu in Encore? I am trying to create a DVD that in the menu you can also link to a document on the disk. Anyway to do this with Encore or with another program?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Link to Document in Menu
on Oct 19, 2011 at 10:42:28 am

Unfortunately, that's not possible

Return to posts index

Tom Kaatz
on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:36:43 pm

Maybe I should ask the question backwards. Is it possible to make an Encore movie menu and generate a file and set that off to the side and then build a disk menu and hyperlink it to the Encore movie file? Here is how I would like this to work. Someone would insert a disk and a menu comes up that has a list of documents that would be hyperlinked as well the generated DVD movie. Click on any of the items and it would it would go to that file.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Oct 19, 2011 at 4:41:36 pm

No....you can't access files "outside" the bounds of the disc itself. This used to be possible but not reliable then either. Todays operating systems make these types of features inoperable.

You can create a menu to tell the user where to find the files and set them in thier own folder, at the root level, next to the VIdeo TS folder.

Return to posts index

Tom Kaatz
on Oct 19, 2011 at 7:17:05 pm

Can you point me in the direction of how to do this? I think that you are answering my question. I only want to create a menu and include that menu on the same disk as the video. The menu needs to be very simple. So is that possible?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Oct 20, 2011 at 7:07:22 am

Here's a tutorial on adding ROM content. All it is an additional folder containing the files you want to include. it cant be accessed via a menu. You can, however, add instruction on where to find the files on the disc itself

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/EncoreDVD/4.0/WSbaf9cd7d26a2eabfe807401038582db...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]