FORUMS: list search recent posts

Let Me Vent, Please- Limited Menus

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henry Panniell
Let Me Vent, Please- Limited Menus
on Oct 15, 2011 at 2:04:45 am

If someone know where there is a large variety of menus for Encore then i will not vent that much . . . its seems to me that with every upgrade from Adobe I get less and less of an selection of menus to chose from. I'm working with CS3 Master Col, and it has less variety of menus CS 2, and Cs2 had less than the previous edition. I still have CS 2 on my computer, but I'm working with CS3. I'm doing a simple "Birthday" video and am disappointed in the choices I have for standard DV. Is there more menus in the program that I is not loading by default ? ? ? I hope so. Will CS2 menus work in CS 3 or should i just work in CS 3 Encore edition ? ? Its a D __ Shame to spend more money and keep getting less. If someone know something I don't please enlighten me . . . or just let me throw rocks at this program . . . not that it changes any thing . . . especially my feeling. Now I feel a little better, at least till a new project requires me to do a DVD.
I am all ears

Thanks - Hap

Asus PC-DL Deluxe, dual3.2 Xeon, ATI Sapphire 9600 Atlantis, onboard sound

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Let Me Vent, Please- Limited Menus
on Oct 15, 2011 at 7:47:52 pm

Why not make your own menus?

Return to posts index

Henry Panniell
on Oct 15, 2011 at 11:01:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, Eric . . I would if I know how to write the code to programs the actions/nesting etc for the buttons created in Photo Shop for custom menus.

Thanks again for the reply

hap

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Oct 16, 2011 at 5:05:17 am

Hi Henry,

My company designs motion menu templates specifically for use with Encore CS3 and above. The selection isn't massive yet, but the templates are extremely customizeable, allowing you to change everything from the colors, graphic elements, camera movement... you name it, it can be modified. Some of our wedding templates are being used for corporate videos, birthdays, etc. because they can easily be customized to fit your theme.

I'm not interested in selling you on my menu kits. I want to help you create an amazing menu for your project. The menu and packaging are an extremely important part of your final product as it gives your client, and whoever they show it to, a first impression of the quality of your work and represents you. If you are not interested in purchasing any of our menu kits, please take a look at our complete walkthrough video tutorial series for our Pro Motion Menu Kits (in the tutorial section of our website). It is completely free, and will provide you with a tremendous amount of information for creating your own motion menus and goes over the entire workflow. We do not specifically walk you through designing your own, however by seeing how we created our templates, you can create your own using the same method.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Oct 16, 2011 at 1:09:50 pm

You don't need to know code to create your own DVD menu's.
In Adobe PhotoShop, create you menu the same size as the dvd - ie: 720x480 for SD.

Import into Encore. There are tutorials around on how to do this with ease.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Henry Panniell
on Oct 19, 2011 at 6:30:31 pm

Thanks on and all, I have just returned from the tutorial journey of AI, and PS. I made a background page in Illustrator and edited the stock Encore menu in Photoshop. 90% good, have problem with the automatic routing of menu buttons . . . can not seem to be able to turn that "Auto Routing Off". I list this in my other post. Jon, nice stuff, I can use that too.

Thanks - hap

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Oct 19, 2011 at 8:41:00 pm

So what happens when you uncheck "Automatically Route Buttons"?

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]