FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Blu-ray m2v File from Compressor Into Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John-Paul Palescandolo
Importing Blu-ray m2v File from Compressor Into Encore
on Oct 13, 2011 at 12:20:06 pm

I'm just beginning to experiment with Encore and Blu-ray and just wanted to ask a few quick questions about my first import into Encore.

I encoded an m2v file, made in Apple Compressor 3.5.3, and imported both that and its accompanying ac3 file into Encore. Here's what the item info next to each file says . Next to the ac3 file, everything says "Don't Transcode." Next to the m2v file, DVD Transcode Status says Untranscoded, DVD Transcode Settings are Automatic, Blu-ray Transcode Status and Settings both say Don't Transcode.

I just want to be sure that this is all correct. Also, in terms of setting nitrates for the Blu-ray encode, how is an Average Bitrate of 32.3 and a Mbps and a Maximum Bitrate of 38 Mbps? The version of Encore that I have is 5.0.0.508

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Importing Blu-ray m2v File from Compressor Into Encore
on Oct 16, 2011 at 1:11:06 pm

Your good, all set, no worries.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Importing Blu-ray m2v File from Compressor Into Encore
on Oct 19, 2011 at 8:15:48 pm

as chris replied - all is looking good so far, but I would advice to use H264, as you can use lower bitrates at the same picture-quality, so you have more space for content on your BD.

if you need to have 35-38MBits with MPEG2 you can use 18-20MBit with H264 for example.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]