FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD menu on USB

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Watson
DVD menu on USB
on Oct 12, 2011 at 10:40:54 am

Hello,

I work for a small production company. I have finished editing a conference and have been instructed to output it for the client with a Interactive DVD like menu (with chapters and interactive menus etc), but not on DVD but on USB sticks so can it can be watched on the computer. What the best way to do this?

I have created a DVD project with the menus and everything using Encore CS5.1, should I output using Flash in Encore? If I did this is there a cleaner way of instead of giving them a folder with the index.html and associated folders that gets outputted when I do that (would prefer to give them just one file as it's being distributed to not savy consumers).

Alternately, am I better outputting the DVD as an image or or TS_video folder? If I did this how could the client watch the footage easily on their computer? Also would that mean that the files would be at least 4.7GB per file? If so would their be anyway to compress the file size down as I have over 8 hours of footage to output.

Any feedback on the matter or other programs or work arounds I should be using (happy to use other programs other than Encore) would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you for any feedback.

Return to posts index

Brian Watkins
Re: DVD menu on USB
on Oct 17, 2011 at 11:16:16 pm

Unfortunately I have nothing to offer, bit I'm very interested in hearing more about this.

Brian Watkins
heritage | m u l t i m e d i a

Return to posts index

Nathan Penhearow
Re: DVD menu on USB
on Apr 9, 2013 at 7:57:00 pm

Hi Marc,

I was wondering if you found a solution for this.
(Currently using Encore CS6)

I've been trying to do the same thing. A nice DVD menu on a usb-flash drive.
It needs to play on mac & PC without having to download any applications.
Autoplay features would be nice (probably not possible with new security upgrades in windows 7)

I've currently had no luck with built DVD disk images, and .SWF
If I do find a solution I will post it here.

Did you figure it out?

Nathan Penhearow
Creative Director
LanternLightProductions.ca

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]