FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why is Encore Re-Transcoding H.264 Blu-ray files created with Adobe Media Encoder?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Celnick
Why is Encore Re-Transcoding H.264 Blu-ray files created with Adobe Media Encoder?
on Oct 7, 2011 at 8:58:59 pm

Hello

I've successfully created Blu-Ray dvds via this method before - can't seem to figure out what's wrong this time. Using Encore 5.1 - Mac.

Working in FCP, and exporting my timeline via Quicktime Export - HDV (MOV). Importing this MOV file into Adobe Media Encoder, and creating both web h.264 and Blu-Ray H.264, using Adobe's preset.

When importing the Blu-Ray H.264 into Encore, Encore reads it as untranscoded, and retranscodes with the result being a very poor quality Blu-Ray disc - looks worse than SD.

Why does Encore need to re-transcode what Adobe Media encoder already created? Would it be best to simply import my mov file into Encore and skip Adobe Media Encoder altogether?

Thank you.

Bill

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Why is Encore Re-Transcoding H.264 Blu-ray files created with Adobe Media Encoder?
on Oct 9, 2011 at 5:02:37 pm

Set the re-encode preferences from within Encore.
Also, I think encore preferres mpeg for Bluray.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Why is Encore Re-Transcoding H.264 Blu-ray files created with Adobe Media Encoder?
on Oct 9, 2011 at 8:22:03 pm

NOP, wont agree with MPEG.

encore will exept MPEG2(HD) or H264 for blu-ray.

you need to set the transcoding-settings within your project-settings at the start of your project to match your H264-file, otherwise it will be transcoded again!

NOTE: all menus will allways be transcoded to MPEG2HD, so for menus you should use MPEG2 or quicktime-movies and let encore do the transcoding-job.

also be awared that HDV nativly only have 1440x1080 and no 1920x1080, that could also cause the problem, as you need to set that within your project preferences/transcoding-settings as well.

compressor H264 are 100%-BD-spec-complient and will be accepted by encore.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Bill Celnick
on Oct 10, 2011 at 4:08:13 pm

Thank you both - I went back and re-examined what I did - when I brought my mov file into Adobe Media Encoder, I started with the default(match source attributes) using h.264 Blu-ray, but then went into the settings and changed it from one pass to two pass vbr - figuring that I'd get a better quality file. Maybe it caused Media Encoder to create file Encore couldn't accept.

I went back to the same source file, and again encoded, but with no modification to the settings and it worked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]