FORUMS: list search recent posts

Press STOP during clip

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
Press STOP during clip
on Oct 2, 2011 at 5:33:52 pm

Hi.

So I have finally finished the project. When I preview the whole thing, when I hit the stop button no matter what clip it is, it just frezes until I hit play again and even then it goes back start the DVD project again from the very start which include the motion menu.

How can I tell encore when hitting stop it should go to a menu which I specify???

Regards H

Return to posts index

shuchi shrivastava
Re: Press STOP during clip
on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:57:34 am

Check few things in your projects-

1- Make sure you have set the end action of the clips correctly
2- Make sure you have not accidently set some overrides

Also, is this happening in the preview in Encore as well or only on DVD player?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 3, 2011 at 12:29:51 pm

STOP is STOP. You can't program a change to that function. What the audience sees and how the player behaves when they press STOP is entirely dependent on the DVD player itself.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

shuchi shrivastava
on Oct 3, 2011 at 12:52:26 pm

Well looking at your post it seemed like you were not able to go to the desired menu when on timeline ends but now re- reading the post what I understand from here is that on hitting STOP you want the end action to be executed.I don't think that is possible.

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Oct 4, 2011 at 6:57:51 am

I have not yet burned the project on a DVD, since I dont want to waste a disc before I am sure that I got everything in the order I want.

Maybe you are right that it behavious different on a actual DVD player.

But even on all my DVD disc when hitting the stop button on the remote, the disc goes back to the main menu. On encore during preview, it first freezes until I hit play again, but then it jumps back to play the disc from the very begining which includes my motion menu and start up text, wheres I want it to jump to another static menu..

Return to posts index

Heidi Alina
on Feb 28, 2013 at 5:17:11 pm

I am having the same problem! Normally when you press the stop button while playing a DVD, it returns you to the main menu, and that's how I'd like my DVD to behave. The project checks out fine, but when I'm previewing, it behaves exactly as you described above.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Return to posts index

Heidi Alina
on Feb 28, 2013 at 5:22:13 pm

btw, I have set the end action on my timeline to return to the main menu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]