FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray Data Disc

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ted irving
Blu-Ray Data Disc
on Oct 1, 2011 at 7:31:00 pm

I installed Encore CS4 a few days ago. I"m an avid DVD Studio Pro user, but I'm learning Encore to teach a class. Very easy for the most part, but can I create Blu-Ray Data Discs, not just authored DVDs? I do use Toast 10 to author Blu-Ray before making this install and BD-DL will not appear on my Mac desktop, but single 25gig discs too. I'm afraid of using the Mac OS to burn a data blu-ray disc, but it would be great if Premiere could do the data disc as well. If Premiere and the Mac OS Lion won't do it, please suggest a program that can create data Blu-Ray discs. Thanks and Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ted Irving
Freelance Content Creation
CBS MaxPreps/BBN3
http://www.tedtv.tv
tedirving@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Blu-Ray Data Disc
on Oct 1, 2011 at 7:43:39 pm

I recently came across Rewind by Digistor, an archive to Blu-ray app that's coming soon. I have no experience with their products, just throwing it out there. I guess you can span data across multiple BD discs.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Oct 2, 2011 at 3:30:17 pm

Ted,
roxio toast could create BD-Data-volumes.

what you have to do is go to the data-tab, select UDF-format and select the data-content you would like to have on your BD-data.

NOTE: this BD wont be played within a stand-alone-player, but it would be recognised within mac os.

if you will create a BDMV (BD-movie mode) you need to select the video-tab and add the video or set BDMV-folder if it´s an allready muxed BDMV-folder, so it would be played within standalone-players.

2n note: you can´t create a BD-data with encore, as it would author BDMVs, but you can add BD-ROM-data to your BDMV.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

ted irving
on Oct 2, 2011 at 3:47:04 pm

ok cool. thanks for the info. i figured encore worked in a similar fashion to DVDSP in regards to data. I'll work on that tonight. Have a great one.

Ted Irving
Freelance Content Creation
CBS MaxPreps/BBN3
http://www.tedtv.tv
tedirving@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]