FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS5 Crashes While Opening

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Encore CS5 Crashes While Opening
on Sep 27, 2011 at 6:51:33 pm

Hey folks,

I've never used Encore before (I typically use DVD Studio Pro), in fact I've never even tried opening Encore before today. But now I need to make a Blu-ray, so here I am!

When I open Encore CS5, it starts to open the program, and crashes before it ever even gets fully started. "quit unexpectedly" it says. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, then updating my Adobe Suite, still the same problem. It does this on all three of our edit computers. If it means anything, it appears as if it's crashing out while loading FXFactory plug-ins. Does anyone else have this problem, or is there a known problem with FXFactory and Encore? I tried searching the interwebs and didn't find anything about that.

Sorry if this has been touched upon before, I searched the forum and didn't see anything similar enough to match my problem. I've spent too much time today looking for answers to this problem, and not finding much. I've got other work I need to get done, so I was hoping maybe one of you nice people have been in a similar sticky situation, and can guide me in the right direction?

I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6.8, and again, Encore CS5 (fully updated for today).

Thanks in advance!
Scott

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Encore CS5 Crashes While Opening
on Sep 27, 2011 at 7:15:28 pm

Scratch that, I went in and deleted FX Factory plug-ins from the Adobe programs (I only use them in FCP anyway), and now Encore opens fine. Had kind of a "duhhhh" moment there.

Thanks Scott!

Love,
Scott

Return to posts index

Brett Clark
Re: Encore CS5 Crashes While Opening
on Dec 6, 2011 at 8:42:18 pm

How did you only uninstall from Adobe? I'm running into this crap as well. Many thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]