FORUMS: list search recent posts

Loop points and menu?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
Loop points and menu?
on Sep 27, 2011 at 6:23:06 pm

Hi

I created a menu with motion in after effect to use in Encore project. It all looks and works fine. So when I press the play button from the menu. my clips will play. I have linked the last clip back to the menu.

So my question and problem is, after the last clip is finished, it goes back to my menu and play the menu from the beginning with all the motion stuff. I want when returning to the menu it should start from the loop point so it skips all the motion part. Is this possible?

I hope you understand.

Reagards H

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Loop points and menu?
on Sep 28, 2011 at 5:27:50 am

As long as you are using CS4 or above, you can start a menu from the loop point. For the end action of that last clip, use the drop down list and select "Specify Link". In the window that pops up, chose the menu and button that you want it to go to, then at the bottom make sure you check "Start at Loop Point". That's all you need to do.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
on Sep 28, 2011 at 2:56:38 pm

Hamid,

The other option is to create a 2nd version of the menu that starts exactly where you want it to. So you use the 1st version of the menu only the first time the menu plays so you get all the motion. Then you use the 2nd version of the menu as your actual menu so when it returns from a clip it will always play exactly what you want.

Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Sep 28, 2011 at 4:46:14 pm

Ok thanks

I am using CS5.

I was actually excided to get home and try option 1 out.

I followed JonĀ“s post ( Select last clip, set the end option to specify link, chose the menu then at the bottom check "Start at Loop Point".

But it plays the whole thing again!!! How come... It seem so simply.

Hmm...

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Sep 28, 2011 at 4:51:52 pm

The preview will not accurately play back the disc. You will need to build the project to see if it worked correctly. Also, the "Start at Loop Point" can automatically be unchecked for some reason, so make sure it is checked right before you build the project.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]