FORUMS: list search recent posts

EncoreCS4 DVD Authoring / Compatability issue

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Ryan
EncoreCS4 DVD Authoring / Compatability issue
on Sep 26, 2011 at 4:45:49 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm having issues getting written DVDs to play or even be recognized on computers other than my own - Encore doesn't show any problems when I build the disc, but when I try the DVDs on other computers they just get read as blank.

I'm using Encore CS4, and I've made sure the Build specs are set to DVD / NTSC, and in such a way that it auto-plays and repeats without a menu. I've done it before and had no problems, but no matter what I do they just don't work. I've looked online for fixes but nothing I've tried so far works - I've used different formats for the video file (Quicktime, AVI, WinVideo, etc) and gone through the list of encoding options, tried different DVDs (formatted and fresh), created a separate .ncr file...I'm just not sure what I'm missing to make this work.

Here's a screenshot of the settings:

The DVDs I'm using are Memorex 4x 4.7gb DVD-RW's, and I know from past use that my drive can write to DVD's.

I'm genuinely stumped, any help you guys can think of is appreciated.
Thanks,
James R.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: EncoreCS4 DVD Authoring / Compatability issue
on Sep 28, 2011 at 5:34:54 am

It's possible your content is too short. Try adding additional content to the disc at the bottom of the build tab. Maybe you can add the Comp1.mov that you used in your project as the additional content. I've seen this happen before when the video content on the disc is too short, the disc will not work. What's strange is that it is only working on your computer after you burn it.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]