COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stef Hilhorst
Working with scripting
on Sep 22, 2011 at 11:32:22 am

Hello to you all.

My problem is this.
I'm working on a DVD in encore sc5.
There are let’s say 50 short movies in this project.
Every movie has his own timeline.
Every timeline has his own end action called ''when you played this movie, you have to play the next movie.
This give me the opportunity to place the first movie on a button I called ‘’play all’’ this function loops all the 50 movies over and over again.

In the menu (10 in total) I made on menu 1, 10 buttons called movie one, movie two etc etc.
To click on button ‘’movie one’’ in the menu, I can create in the tab (properties, basic) an overwrite.
This button ‘’movie one’’ is linked to movie timeline one, and the overwrite is route to ‘’menu 1, button movie two.

This give me the opportunity that when movie one is finished, that it come back on the same menu 1,
And button ‘’movie two’’ is highlighted.
Press enter and movie two will start to play.
After play movie two it come back to ‘’menu 1 and button ‘’movie three is highlighted. And so on and so on.

Now I like to create this extra question.
Is it possible to select, let’s say 10 different movies on that disc, and loop only the selected 10 movies?
And it must be possible to select every time when I go to the menu, to select a different amount of movies that I can play in a loop.

Something as to program your cd player on the front of the cd player, to play the selected audio tracks.
But with my question to select different movies in the menu to play this selected movies in a loop.

I think I have to work with scripting.
Is this true, and how do I fix this.

Hope there is a solution.

Stef Hilhorst

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Working with scripting
on Sep 22, 2011 at 7:19:43 pm

steve,
you need to programm a so called playlist - as you have within your CD-player, but that´s not possible with encore itself.

there is a possibilty to create it with DVD Studio pro and DVD AfterEdit.

but it´s a bunch of work and pre/post-commands-knowledge is necessary as well as deep programmers experience.

so - it wont easily be possible with your project.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Working with scripting
on Sep 23, 2011 at 9:23:14 pm

This is all possible in DVDSP. Here's a bitshift and extraction tutorial which goes over the process. You will need programming knowledge

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/alexzander_alex/bitshifting.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]