How to Chapters??

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
How to Chapters??
on Sep 17, 2011 at 5:08:33 pm

Hi

Please advice on this...

I created a timeline with 4 small clips inside adobe premier pro and added chapters cue points. Used dynamic link to transfer it to encore.

In encore the chapters work find, I assigned a play all button and when pressing that button, it plays and when pressing forward it skips to the next chapter just as the cue point from premier pro.

So my problem is, i have a button called chapters, and when i try to assign a timeline to that from one of the clips, instead of just playing that clip, it plays the whole thing again.

What is the approach to make a "play all clips" and "play chapters"

Regards HRB

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: How to Chapters??
on Sep 18, 2011 at 7:25:42 pm

Hamid,
that´s a correct DVD-behave, if you would like to have a segment of your clip you need to create a playlist.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: How to Chapters??
on Sep 19, 2011 at 4:31:59 pm

When you combine clips on the same timeline in Premiere, when transferred to Encore, they are considered "one clip". You CAN have the chapter points applied as you have done, and this will allow the viewer to choose a "start point" for viewing the DVD, but it will not stop at the next chapter, it will play all the video in that timeline from that chapter point forward.

If you wish to truly have separate clips for playback, then encode the 4 clips individually and move the results to Encore manually. In other words, use Adobe Media Encoder to encode each clip to "MPEG-2 for DVD" then Import the resulting Assets into Encore and build your DVD menus to do what you want.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]