FORUMS: list search recent posts

premiere to encore video quality ok but graphics distorting

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Milam
premiere to encore video quality ok but graphics distorting
on Sep 12, 2011 at 3:58:52 pm

i'm having a problem outputting a dvd which has still graphics at the start. The first effort i just used the dynamic link and let encore do the transcoding, my titles and opening graphic weren't crisp round the edges and the general quality of the video was poor.

Having looked up poor output problems on here i then tried exporting my sequence (which is only 6 mins)as an mpeg2dvd using CBR 8 and setting it for progressive. This made the quality of my video footage much more acceptable (although not wonderful) but hasn't improved the titles much (still txt and logo on white background across the lower 3rd, created in premier using the same size title dimensions as the project) and still title and end car created in Illustrator.

Original project is 1440 x 1080 in Premier and the graphics are the same size, created in illustrator using the pre set video canvas and imported into the timeline. (i have also tried creating PNG files and using them in the timeline but the results are worse).

Any tips on either what type of graphic to use in my project or export settings to preserve the crispness of my txt and still graphics?

Return to posts index

christopher Griffin
Re: premiere to encore video quality ok but graphics distorting
on Sep 15, 2011 at 3:40:34 pm

I run into the same problem.

A few things I have noticed though, when you play the DVD is it on a TV or computer monitor? I know that most TV's these days have a higher resolution than 720x480 which is how Encore encodes DVD's and your DVD or TV stretches the image across the screen. Same goes for the computer monitor, when it is played at full screen, my movies lose quality, however if they are played at actual size, they are crisp and just the way I intended. Id like to find a way around this without burning Blue-Ray or HDDVD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]