FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS5.1 h264 and pcm surround pass through?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Pincince
Encore CS5.1 h264 and pcm surround pass through?
on Sep 11, 2011 at 3:45:23 am

I make music videos on a mac with Final Cut Studio and Logic. I'm ready to abandon FCS because of no Blu-ray support, but I still want to release my existing projects on Blu-ray at the highest possible audio and video quality. I can create H264 video files with Compressor, as .264 or .mov, and 5.1 linear PCM audio in Logic. I don't want to convert the audio to a compressed format or transcode the H264 files.

Will the current version of Encore pass through these files, or will it insist on transcoding them?

I know older versions of Encore don't support PCM surround, but I'm hoping the newest one does. Because music is my primary focus, whatever I migrate to must support pcm surround for Blu-ray.

thanks,
Tom

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Encore CS5.1 h264 and pcm surround pass through?
on Sep 11, 2011 at 10:57:31 am

tom,
encore didn´t work with multi-chanel PCM audio, only stereo is supported. if you need high es audio and you have bootcamp running please try using EasyBD from DVD Logics, it could handle all high res audio-formats incl. uncompressed multichanel PCM.

http://www.dvd-logic.com/easybd/

if you need multichanel audio for BD, you can create a generic dolby digital setting with bitrates up to 640kbit/s to use it with encore.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Tom Pincince
on Sep 11, 2011 at 6:37:34 pm

I am willing to move to Windows, and thanks for the EasyBD tip. Their website is not very clear, and I want the ability to create multiple menus with end actions. It looks like EasyBD Suite can do this, but I'm not sure. Do you have experience with this program?

Also, do you know if it will accept H264 files created with Compressor 3.5.3?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Sep 11, 2011 at 7:18:45 pm

Tom,
yes - I have experience with this programm, and you can create multi-layer-menus using DVD Logics IG-Editor.

EasyBD can use compressor-encoded 264-files, as they are 100% BD-spec-valid.

if you need to create nice looking BDs with full-spec-features you should buy EasyBD Suite.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Sep 12, 2011 at 2:04:14 am

Just to add, these tools arent for beginners and you will needs weeks/months of learning and testing before you're up to speed. Daniel is a professional DVD/Blu Ray author who has already done the heavy lifting so be forewarned.

Just coming from experience. Ive seen way too many good folks screws things up because they thought it would be easy. At one time, I paid my bill on fixing other's problems

Return to posts index

Tom Pincince
on Sep 30, 2011 at 7:46:13 pm

Good point, and one that I often make. While I am a Blu-ray beginner, I have a BSEE and 25 years of experience in the electronic arts, so I'm probably safe.

Manufacturers are often deceptive regarding product limitations, which is why these forums are so important, even to beginners.

Return to posts index

Tom Pincince
on Sep 30, 2011 at 8:02:40 pm

Can EasyBD output an image file that is a proper pre-master for replication?

As we are still relatively early in the life cycle of Blu-ray, maybe full-featured authoring tools have not yet reached the level of affordability for independent artists. I'm sure many people are looking for such a tool. Many programs get part way there, but it takes a lot of detective work, such as downloading and reading user manuals in advance, to discover their limitations.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Sep 30, 2011 at 8:16:06 pm

hi tom,
you need to output BDCMF-images for replication, you can´t use an iso-image, that could be done from any encore-output using rivergate blustreak tracer CMF.

please take a look over here: http://rivergatesoftware.com/blustreaktracer

if you need more "profesisional" features you should use EasyBD for authoring and blustreak tracer CMF for premastering.

cheers

danny

PS: we just replicated a BD-50 using this set of tools - great bundle of tools

Return to posts index

Valery Koval
on Oct 8, 2011 at 12:29:06 pm

Hi! Thanks for interesting in our software. Please email me to support@dvd-logic.com and I'll give you discount for EasyBD Suite or Studio version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]