FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this a bug in Encore or the Mac DVD player?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Cole
Is this a bug in Encore or the Mac DVD player?
on Sep 10, 2011 at 2:49:53 pm

We're new to Encore - authoring a DVD disc.

DVD starts with 30 second long First Play timeline leading to a static Menu page, then into the film.

The authored DVD plays perfectly on DVD players, Blu-Ray, PCs, PS3...

On the Mac the First Play footage plays to about 27 seconds and then freezes for 20 seconds (time display returns to 0:00 and the counts up to 20 while the picture is frozen) and then the picture unfreezes, plays for 3 seconds and then on into the menu page.

It's exactly the same on four different Macs, running 10.4-10.6.

We've tried changing the End Actions of the start chapter point and the timeline - no change.

We've tried shortening the First Play footage - same problem, but a shorter loop-back time.

We've tried re-encoding the footage - no change.

We've tried playing from a DVD image on hard drive, to remove the variable of makes of DVD disc - no change.

Now, here's the voodoo bit:

Adding a second chapter point, at least 2 secs from the start and making this the First Play point (ie the 1st chapter point is redundant, and the disc starts to play from the 2nd chapter point), seems to fix the problem and the disc then plays on a Mac without looping.

Is this a known problem, or are we doing something else wrong?

Gary Cole
Regent Records UK Ltd

Return to posts index

Gary Cole
Re: Is this a bug in Encore or the Mac DVD player?
on Sep 15, 2011 at 6:33:10 pm

Has no-one else had this freezing/static loop problem?

It's 100% repeatable, whether the disc is authored in Encore 4 for Windows, or CS5 for Mac...

Gary Cole
Regent Records UK Ltd

Return to posts index

Bailey Kalesti
on May 16, 2012 at 7:56:07 pm

I am experiencing Mac woes as well. After authoring my dvd in Encore CS5 Windows, it plays great on both the PC and on a dvd player. However, once I pop it into my Mac, it don't have the same luck. I have a 5 second intro that plays into the main menu (motion bg). It's here that the buttons become functional and the video and audio loop for 30 seconds. During the first loop on my Mac, the buttons work fine. But after the first loop, the button highlights are no longer functional. This is not the case on the PC and dvd player as mentioned before.

I've tried countless combinations of settings (not to mention hours of researching), and still no luck. Feeling a bit confused at this point. :P

Perhaps this isn't completely related to the original post's problems. But seeing as this thread concerns Mac specific issues, I'm hoping that maybe someone could share some insight on these peculiar problems?

Thanks! :)

Return to posts index

Erik Mickelson
on Sep 19, 2011 at 4:15:19 am

Having erratic encoding and playback issues.

Adobe has removed one of my posts on the Adobe site! They say it has been removed because I should report it as a bug.

What they erased from the forums was a problem where encoding from AME would not be recognized in Encore, requiring another lengthy encode of the whole movie. No help, no nothing, Adobe just removed my post and sent me an email.

Anyway, yes I am having a problem with the latest BluRay where the beginning minute or so plays back fine, then erratically jump-frames around a bit, then has a few freeze frames etc...

Also just had the dreaded "Code 3" failure that doesn't really mean anything except that I have just made another BluRay coaster.

CrippleBook Pro 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB ram, SLeopard 10.6.8, FCPStudio 3, QT 7

Return to posts index

Bart Robbens
on May 30, 2012 at 2:56:14 pm

I have exactly the same problem over here.
I've searched the internet for solutions, but found nothing.

I've made up to now 3 versions of my own "company introduction movie" to make a switch to the main menu. Every version gives me the same problem. Like you wrote: a freeze frame and another 10-20 seconds of useless play. Very disappointing and frustrating!!

Does anybody know if Adobe is aware about that problem??
What's the best solution?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]