FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu Resolutions for Interactive DVD design

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
roslynn lemmer
Menu Resolutions for Interactive DVD design
on Aug 30, 2011 at 8:01:54 am

Hi there. please help! I can never seem to get the menu quality in encore to work for me. Ive designed (as always) the menus in photoshop at the default PAL HD 1440*1080 size. This project is actually an interactive portfolio for a musician which contains buttons on the side linking to various aspects of his portfolio (mostly text and pics) and some video material, so the menus are arguably more important and must be clear and of good quality - like being on a website. the font and backgrounds of the menu are blurry and the highlights of the buttons especially, the fonts, shapes and bgrnds material are not rasterized, so I don't understand why the quality is SO bad. even the pictures which were well over 4000 pixels originally that i downscaled to fit in the menus are even blurry. Is there another program that i could use that would be more suitable for an interactive multimedia design - where readable/good quality text is of importance? I know of a program called "Indigo Rose" - but it does not allow you to design your own buttons...any ideas? ;) Rozz, South Africa.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Menu Resolutions for Interactive DVD design
on Aug 31, 2011 at 6:28:19 pm

1440x1080 is a non-square pixel aspect ratio, and could very likely be causing your problem. Try creating it at 1920x1080 for full HD.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]