FORUMS: list search recent posts

Going back to correct submenu page

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Wheeler
Going back to correct submenu page
on Aug 21, 2011 at 1:05:28 pm

I'm trying to get Encore to navigate back to the correct submenu according to what chapter it was playing.

For example, say I have 42 chapters that are on 7 submenu pages that have 6 chapters thumbnails on each submenu page. Say that I'm currently playing chapter 37 but I want to go back to the chapter submenu pages to pick another chapter. What happens now, when I click the menu button on my remote, is that it always goes back to the first submenu which shows chapters 1-6. What I want it to do is if I'm playing chapter 37 and then hit the menu button on my remote, is for it to go to the submenu (submenu 7) with chapter 37 and not always the first submenu (submenu 1).

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Randy

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Going back to correct submenu page
on Aug 21, 2011 at 4:23:51 pm

You'll need to move up to more advanced authoring tools like Scenarist OT DVD Studio pro for this kind of functionality

Basicaly you would use a script to determine which chapter is currently playing then route the disc to the right menu

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Aug 26, 2011 at 3:32:59 pm

You can return to the last menu page you were at by changing the menu button in the properties of the timeline to 'Return to Last Menu'.

So if you are on page 3, start playing a chapter from that page, then press the menu button again, you will return to page 3 instead of page 1.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Christian Simpson
on Jan 12, 2012 at 1:26:06 pm

I have 6 submenu pages and the timeline to which they are associated already has the menu setup to return to last menu but it still wants to return to the 1st submenu page despite the user being on a different page. I don't believe this actually works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]