FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dynamically navigate a video?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonnie Lewis
Dynamically navigate a video?
on Aug 10, 2011 at 11:59:50 am

Hello,

I just produced a "step-by-step" video for someone and they'd now like me to add an element of interactivity to it.

For example, I might need one menu option that plays the whole video, and one menu option that plays steps 1-7, followed by steps 20-25 before returning to the menu screen. Is this something that Encore can do?

Or would I need to re-cut the video into the separate clips and then link the individual menu options to their respective clips?

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Dynamically navigate a video?
on Aug 10, 2011 at 3:13:54 pm

No need to recut the video, this functionality is built into the DVD spec and Encore.

You can have your entire step-by-step video as one asset on a single timeline, then place chapter points before each step.

You can then create chapter playlists for how you want it to play, then link the buttons on the menu to the chapter playlists instead of the video. Please let me know if you have any questions about this process.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Jonnie Lewis
Re: Dynamically navigate a video?
on Aug 10, 2011 at 8:03:52 pm

Fantastic - thanks for the reply!

Got it all worked out now apart from one thing - the soundtrack. Obviously as the chapter playlists jump from chapter to chapter, sections of the music are skipped too.

Is there a way that I'd be able to resolve this in Encore so that it plays smoothly regardless of the chapter-skipping? Or will that be a case of creating separate timelines?

I'm exporting to Flash if that makes a difference at all.

Thanks again, much appreciated :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]