FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray error: "file already exists", code "6" , Note: "graphics buffer underflows"

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amos Godwin
Blu-ray error: "file already exists", code "6" , Note: "graphics buffer underflows"
on Aug 10, 2011 at 5:57:03 am

I have this messegas: Blu-ray error: "file already exists", code "6" , Note: "graphics buffer underflows". what is really wrong, please help me. Thx B4

Return to posts index

Ramesh Garg
Re: Blu-ray error: "file already exists", code "6" , Note: "graphics buffer underflows"
on Oct 12, 2011 at 12:56:31 pm

This error generally comes with high bit rate (more than 30Mbps I think) files using subtitles with them.
Check if your project contains any such file and try generating the same file in PPro using lesser bit rates.

Return to posts index

Andy Houck
Re: Blu-ray error: "file already exists", code "6" , Note: "graphics buffer underflows"
on Oct 31, 2011 at 10:21:48 pm

I am also getting this error but i do not think it is Mbps over 30 issue.
I have built this project a number of times without receiving this error.
I have replaced a video file with another encoded with the same settings (among other things) and now get the error. Video encoded at 23Mbps with 1 - 5.1 .ac3 file, 1- 2.0 stereo file, and 2 subtitle tracks. All components have been present in previous builds with encoding setting being equal and done outside of Encore. If I remove one of the two subtitle tracks I can build without the error. Also this errors at the very end of the build if that might tell you something.

Return to posts index

Andy Houck
on Nov 1, 2011 at 4:18:28 pm

UPDATE - So I have determined this is an issue with one of my subtitle tracks conflicting with my video file but have no idea how to resolve it.
I have replaced my main video file (for the third time) with an Mpeg 2 for blu-ray with exactly the same setting as the previous 2 versions(22Mbps). The previous versions could be built with no errors. After importing the new video file I get the error. I have an Eng. and Span. subtitle track. I have removed the Eng. subtitle tracks and the project outputs fine. I have replaced the Eng. subtitle track with a copy of the Span. track (so 2 Span. tracks) and it outputs fine. I have replaced the Eng. version with an old Eng. track and it fails. The curious thing is I have exported this project with the old version at least three times in the past without issue. To be sure I re-encoded the ProRes file to m2v at a lower bitrate with the same result. As a quick test I have deleted the video file from the timeline but left audio and subtitle tracks and it exports fine. So what I'm looking for now, I guess, is what would cause a conflict between the subtitle file and the .m2v? I am currently re-encoding the previous .mov again to drop it in and see if it'll output but I anticipate it will work. Any thoughts on what to look for here?

Return to posts index

Andy Houck
on Nov 1, 2011 at 9:08:01 pm

UPDATE #2 - Let's simplify. I have started over with just the problematic timeline. No menus, no 5.1 audio......
I have built a Blu-ray project with a single timeline containing clip 1.m2v and clip 1.wav. I then import the .txt subtitle track and try to build to folder.
I get - "Blu-ray error: "file already exists", code "6" , Note: "graphics buffer underflows"

I delete clip 1.m2v from the timeline and then from the project and import clip 2.m2v(older version). I insert it with same .wav and subtitle file into the timeline and build to folder - no problem.

Both files originally started as .mov ProRes 422HD. I used exactly the same (saved) setting to encode 22Mbps 1440x1080 29.97....(although I have tried multiple re-encodes, first to verify file was OK at the same settings then at a lower 18Mbps setting) with AME. The subtitle length is shorter than the timeline. I have a Spanish subtitle track that will output fine with either .m2v but I can see no significant difference between the English and Spanish while they are placed in the timeline.
Can anyone give me any idea what could be causing this conflict. I would love to figure this out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]