FORUMS: list search recent posts

End action works in some players while not in others

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JoseOscar
End action works in some players while not in others
on Aug 9, 2011 at 9:06:50 pm

Hi, I have this educational dvd where the students answer multiple-choice questions using the remote. If they pick the correct answer the next question shows up. If they pick the wrong answer a 4 seconds "you fail movie" plays telling them they selected the wrong answer. Then the end-action of the "you fail movie" goes back to the question they missed so they try again.

I tested the full dvd on two players and everything was perfectly right until I tested it on a friend's dvd player. For my surprise, when my friend's son picked the wrong answer the "you fail movie" played as usual but its end-action didn't returned to the missed question; instead it just made the dvd player to stop! This particular question has two wrong answers and the same happened on both. The right answer worked just fine.

The questions are menus where the answers are buttons. The buttons with wrong answers are linked to a "wrong-answer playlist". This playlist includes the "you fail movie" and an end-action linked to its particular question, the one the students just missed.

In other words, Question#1 has ButtonA, ButtonB and ButtonC. ButtonB and C are the wrong answers and they are linked to the "wrong-answer playlist". The end-action of this "wrong-answer playlist" is linked to the menu of Question#1. Obviously, ButtonA is the correct answer and it is linked to Question#2 which is another menu.

Thanks for your help!
Oscar

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]