FORUMS: list search recent posts

PAL videos onto a playable NTSC DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Jarvis
PAL videos onto a playable NTSC DVD
on Aug 9, 2011 at 9:07:16 am

Hi Everyone,

I've tried looking for a clear answer to this but am getting mixed feedback.

I have 5 PAL videos 720x576 progressive.

I need to burn a HTSC DVD using Encore.

Do I simply just create an NTSC project and add the movies? Will this lead to frame rate issues or can encore automically correct this?

Or do I need to convert the PAL videos to NTSC prior to importing them to encore?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
Re: PAL videos onto a playable NTSC DVD
on Oct 5, 2011 at 3:43:57 pm

I just created my first PAL DVD using Encore and now someone wants an NTSC version so I seem to be in the same situation as you. Did you ever find an easy way of doing this? I used to do this within iDVD by clicking on one thing and the feedback was always very positive but I'd really like to focus on Encore.

Thanks in advance for any info.

PP 5.5.0, FCP 7.0.3 iMac 24 3.06 4GB OSX 10.7 MBP 17", 2.3 GHz 8GB. Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

John Jarvis
on Oct 5, 2011 at 6:18:30 pm

There's no way to do this in Encore.

I had to recreate a new NTSC project, convert all PAL files to NTSC and reauthor.

A real pain!

I've read that the best way to do both PAL and NTSC is to just create an NTSC DVD and it should play in PAL players. I tried creating an NTSC and my sony DVD player wouldn't play it. So decided it was a too risky option.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
on Oct 6, 2011 at 9:36:48 am

Thanks for the info John. I'll live with it - maybe I'll tell US people to just watch it on their computers! :-)

PP 5.5.0, FCP 7.0.3 iMac 24 3.06 4GB OSX 10.7 MBP 17", 2.3 GHz 8GB. Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]