FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Build Progress Stalls, Never Finishes Burning

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Huddleston
DVD Build Progress Stalls, Never Finishes Burning
on Aug 9, 2011 at 8:01:04 am

Hi there. I am just beginning to use Encore to make DVD's and I am having an issue with the transcoding. When I go to 'build' my DVD, the progress bar, or 'build progress', pops up, as expected. However, it seems to stall several minutes in, not making any further progress. The DVD drive continues to sound like it's burning, but it never actually finishes. I left for 6 hours one time and came back to find my computer still transcoding, while the progress bar hadn't moved at all. I am running Encore CS4 on a Macbook Pro, 2 GB RAM, Snow Leopard. If anyone can help point me in the right direction to solving this problem, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

Jake Huddleston

Return to posts index

leo samulewski
Re: DVD Build Progress Stalls, Never Finishes Burning
on Aug 23, 2011 at 11:17:15 pm

I am new to Cow so I am asking how was the response to your question. Resolved? My problem is that in Build I get to 60% of verification of income and then encore freezes. I will post my problem but thought yours mabe close to my problem.

Thanks.

leo

lsamuc606@rogers.com

Return to posts index

Jake Huddleston
on Aug 23, 2011 at 11:59:56 pm

Hi Leo,

I kinda sorta resolved the problem. But I had change my workflow a little bit. When I was having this problem, I was dynamic linking sequences from Premiere Pro into Encore. The footage was 1080p high definition footage, and I was burning a standard resolution DVD. I read somewhere that sometimes changing resolution like that can cause transcoding issues, including making Encore freeze. You may or may not be doing the same thing, but either way, here are the 2 options I found: I could recreate the project in a Premiere Pro timeline that was the same resolution as the DVD I was burning (not really an option, since it was a very complex project), or I could export my footage from Premiere Pro first and then link to those files from Encore. I chose this method. Premiere has an export codec for DVD's, so I used that. The resulting files were the same resolution has the final DVD, so in the end, Encore didn't do any of the resizing on it's own. The result? Encore burned the DVD very quickly and didn't freeze. Basically, through dynamic linking a high resolution project from Premiere, Encore was being forced to do a lot of transcoding that Premiere Pro does better. This method allows Premiere to take the strain off of Encore by exporting your files out first and then linking to those in Encore.

Of course, if you were not using Dynamic Link at all, then this workflow wouldn't be a solution for you. But if you are, then hopefully this will help solve your problem. Good luck on your project.

Jake Huddleston

Return to posts index

leo samulewski
on Aug 24, 2011 at 9:44:39 pm

I was using Dynamic Link to Encore. I am home on friday so I will give a try. Thanks.

Leo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]