FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS3 Import as Menu error - SOLVED

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas McIntosh
Encore CS3 Import as Menu error - SOLVED
on Aug 6, 2011 at 8:27:48 am

Hi everyone,

this morning I was struggling with an odd import error in Encore CS3, Photoshop Menu file or folder not found: """" Having Googled, it seems that there is nothing that has been written about this error at all! Since I then managed to solve the issue, I thought I'd post up for anyone else who comes across it. (Of course, I know that not that many people are still using CS3, but I am, so I figure there may be someone somewhere who might find this useful!)

So - the situation. I had a couple of menu designs in one project that I wanted to use in another. I used Menu -> Save Menu as Template, and saved self-contained versions of the menus. I then opened the other project, and used File -> Import As -> Menu.

To my surprise, one menu loaded in fine, but the other would not, just giving the aformentioned error, Photoshop Menu file or folder not found: """" . Nothing I did seemed to make a difference, and I was getting rather frustrated.

Finally, having opened the menu file in an XPS viewer, I found the problem. One of my buttons in the menu had a & symbol in the text - which was then included in the name, as I had Sync Button Text and Name switched on. For some reason, Encore's output handling was not encoding this to a safe alternative, and it was then misinterpreted as an XML error by Encore's importer.

So, to fix this problem, just rename the button, removing the & symbol before you export the menu! Simples :)

Thanks for listening, and I hope this saves someone else the trouble I went to to diagnose the issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]