FORUMS: list search recent posts

Low quality in Adobe Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Alderson
Low quality in Adobe Encore
on Aug 3, 2011 at 11:05:05 pm

I have exported high quality (1920x1080 lossless) footage from Adobe After Effects. Now when I take it into Adobe Encore to make a DVD I find that it loses all its quality once it's transcoded. Unless I burn it to blu-ray it can't keep its original 1920x1080 size and I've tried many different transcode settings as well as exporting a mpg2-DVD from After Effects and it seems like none of them would look high quality on a television.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Low quality in Adobe Encore
on Aug 4, 2011 at 12:33:04 am

DVD is 720x480 NTSC / 720X576 PAL.

Return to posts index

Sam Alderson
on Aug 4, 2011 at 12:50:32 am

But how does that work on a TV or even computer? It just doesn't seem to produce high enough quality?
I'm sorry for the stupid questions I am just confused.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Aug 5, 2011 at 5:24:32 am

Hey Sam,
your eyes are irritated by the HD-picture. SD-picture allways looks like you have a big blur on the footage - compared to your original HD-quality.

SD-DVD only allows 720x480 for NTSC or 720x576 resolution for PAL as eric discribed.

and television/broadcast is working with the same resolutions. if you playback a DVD on a computer, it is the same - but most software-players scaleing the picture to full screen, and using no good scaling-allgorithms.

you see there is no other way to go - if you would like to have better picture-quality on optical discs you need to go blu-ray.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]