FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray 5.1 DD SS Audio Glitch after import into Encore.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caleb Monroe
Blu-Ray 5.1 DD SS Audio Glitch after import into Encore.
on Aug 2, 2011 at 6:26:10 pm

Working on burning a full length blu-ray with two audio track options (stereo audio, 5.1 DD SS) I'm not having any problems connecting menu's or burning. After the initial burn everything was working flawlessly except when I played the video with the 5.1 DD track I noticed the audio would glitch at certain parts. The glitch sounds like a CD skipping (i.e the speaker would say Bubble and it would sound like Bu-Bu-Bubble) the audio doesn't go out of sync when this happens, it's small and the video keeps playing but it's still noticeable and an issue.

Both audio tracks are one complete track, no cuts or seperate clips. The 5.1 track is .ac3. The stereo track is mixed from the 5.1 track and doesn't have the glitch at all. I've gone back and checked the source audio and haven't noticed any transients or spikes at the places where it glitches. The problem occurs when I pull it into encore. Even before burning the audio will error inside the timeline preview. I'm not transcoding the audio or video at all as I have manually compressed the video already. Everything is perfect except for this glitch and I'm all out of ideas of what Encore is doing to the audio to create the skipping glitch any thoughts or ideas would be great. Hope i've given enough information. I'm new to the forum so please let me know if i've left anything out or missed any etiquette.

My system:
Encore CS4
FCP 7
Mac Pro 2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
12 GB Ram
10.6.6 OSX

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Blu-Ray 5.1 DD SS Audio Glitch after import into Encore.
on Aug 3, 2011 at 2:14:23 am

Hi Caleb,
could you please explain how you encode the AC3 audio? I had a few issues creating AC3 with compressor or some issues ocurred while I exported the single audio-tracks out of FCP.

a good idea would be to check the single wav/aif-files and you might install perian to your system, so you can check your 5.1-AC3-file with quicktime. perian will install a quicktime-extention to allow playback of AC-3-files within quicktime.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Caleb Monroe
Re: Blu-Ray 5.1 DD SS Audio Glitch after import into Encore.
on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:40:41 pm

Hey Daniel,

We outsourced the audio to another company who premixed and exported the entire ac3 in ProTools. So compressor and FCP weren't even used in the making of the ac3. I've checked the audio outside of encore and it doesn't have any transients or spikes. It only occurs when I pull the file into encore that I scrub through it and play it that the glitches happen. It's not just the in software playback that has the glitch either, it's also on the disc after the burn. The stereo audio included on the disc is completely fine and was actually mixed from the 5.1 tracks. I'm just confused about what is happening to the 5.1 DD ac3 vs. the stereo ac3? Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]