FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS4 screws up chapter selection on custom menu (short video demo of problem inside)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory Simmons
Encore CS4 screws up chapter selection on custom menu (short video demo of problem inside)
on Jul 31, 2011 at 2:41:26 pm

So I spend a lot of time making a custom menu - nothing too fancy, just edited a .psd menu with the appropriate names (I think) - and link all my chapters to their appropriate timeline markers, then when I go into my "Scene Selection" menu and start browsing around in "Preview" mode. Well, whenever I D-pad to various scenes, half of them work, but then the other half are screwed up. It basically skips over a few chapters when I press down or up.

Here's a video demonstrating the problem: http://pressedweb.com/example/scene_selection.mp4

I hope someone else has encountered this problem and can help me out. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore CS4 screws up chapter selection on custom menu (short video demo of problem inside)
on Jul 31, 2011 at 4:14:13 pm

You need to turn off "Automatically Route Buttons" and then set up your button routing manually.

Read here:

Adobe Encore CS5 * Button routing

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Cory Simmons
Re: Encore CS4 screws up chapter selection on custom menu (short video demo of problem inside)
on Jul 31, 2011 at 4:17:38 pm

Hey, thanks for this. Just found out what the problem was. Apparently the buttons were too close for comfort. They weren't actually touching each other or anything (about 20px apart actually), but after making them smaller and spacing them apart a bit more they started working perfectly.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]