FORUMS: list search recent posts

seriously lost...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rion Gilpin
seriously lost...
on Jul 30, 2011 at 1:09:30 am

Ok. So I am trying to put a very large, 23 gb video file onto a double layer dvd. It worked before using nero, but now it's not. I have no idea how i got it to work, but now I've tried so many other dvd authoring programs and I can't figure it out. I am now trying encore but it's complicated. Don't I have to encode it in media encoder first?

Please help, I am seriously lost.

Rion

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: seriously lost...
on Jul 30, 2011 at 12:13:09 pm

Hi Rion,
I guess your 23GB-file is a video-file and no transcoded audio/video-asset like m2v- and AC3-audio.

Encore could transcode your video-file itself depending on the transcoding-settings you´ve selected in your project-settings, but I would advice to encode the asset prior authoring.

to keep track of the volume you need to make a bitbudget first to be sure not to overfill the disc.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Rion Gilpin
on Jul 30, 2011 at 12:26:44 pm

It's an avi file. was shot on p2. I transcoded it into mpeg2-dvd but now it's video AND audio seperated. and premiere pro does not read mt2 files apparently. It's smaller (4gb) but how do I write this to a dvd if they are separted?

Rion

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jul 30, 2011 at 12:37:47 pm

Rion,
that´s very simple.

you need to create a new timeline, select your audio+video and drag it to the timeline.

afterwards you can mux the entire DVD-project and you could burn it to DVD-media.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]