FORUMS: list search recent posts

End of main timeline cuts off with video menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Williams
End of main timeline cuts off with video menu
on Jul 25, 2011 at 1:24:29 am

Whenever I use a video background for a menu, Encore, for whatever reason, cuts off part of the main timeline. Basically, what I've got is:
Opening Timeline > Menu > Main Timeline > Closing Timeline

I burned a disc with a standard menu (though it did have background music, the image itself was still), and it worked fine. Since I was using the same timelines for my next project, I decided to just delete the menu, import the new menu and video background, set that menu up, relink the end of the opening timeline, and rebuild (to an ISO, with the intention of burning with ImgBurn). However, it cut off about 20 minutes of the main timeline, skipping straight to the closing timeline. the cutoff point was approximately at the final chapter marker, and the final chapter marker had been moved to earlier in the movie (I'm guessing that it was in the same spot as far as what percentage of the footage had expired).

I thought it might be disc capacity, so I transcoded the video for the main timeline to shrink it a bit, and it worked. However, when I tried to do the same thing a couple of projects later (switch out a still menu for a video menu while keeping everything else intact), it did the same thing whilst clearly under disc capacity. I created a new project, though, and it worked fine.

However, now I'm trying to burn another DVD with a video menu, starting from scratch. New project, even a new Windows install (coincidence, not desperation). It's cut off the last 20-25 minutes again (again, approximately at the last chapter marker). The total project size is 6.38 GB, so it's definitely small enough.

What's the issue, and how do I fix this?

Return to posts index

John Williams
Re: End of main timeline cuts off with video menu
on Aug 1, 2011 at 4:45:55 am

Tried again with another new project, creating the menu first. It only cut off a second or so at the end of the main timeline, which I was fine with. But I realised I'd set a few end actions and menu buttons to go to the menu, rather than the menu's loop point, so I went in, changed those, and rebuilt. Burned. Watched the DVD, expecting the last second to be cut off...and it wasn't.

So I opened that ISO in PowerDVD...and the last two seconds were still missing. It showed the length of the video as 1:34:42, but at 1:34:40, cut to the next timeline. My DVD player, however, didn't do this, thus the appearance of things changing.

So is it just a matter now of doing the menu first? And why does it even matter?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]