FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Language not changing

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nancy L. Smith
Encore Language not changing
on Jul 24, 2011 at 6:14:36 am

I apologize for this newb question, but I just can't seem to understand the translation function in Adobe Encore. When I Add a Subtitle Track, I can change the language to - say French, type in English and it should come out translated on the DVD? If that's the case it isn't working. Does my WinDVD have a French option? It doesn't make sense to me that if I have to type in French in a text script and import it, then why is that language pull down menu there on the subtitle track. See, I told you it was a newb question. I just tried it on my TV and the French track came out in English. Thank you for your help!

Nancy L. Smith
President
Sutton Bay Media Company

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Encore Language not changing
on Jul 26, 2011 at 9:47:10 pm

hi nancy,
you need to have a translated text within your subtitle-track. there is no automatisation for translation within any authoring-tool.

you need to give your subtitle to a translation service so you can get another file back for the other language(s).

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Nancy L. Smith
on Aug 1, 2011 at 2:42:57 pm

Thank you Danny! I began to realize that the more I read. So my question is still - why is that pull down menu there to the left in the track? I think it is a label for the DVD player and TV - so if you are using Dutch - the menu button says "Dutch". Is that correct?

Nancy L. Smith
President
Sutton Bay Media Company

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Aug 1, 2011 at 8:35:45 pm

Nancy,
the subtitle-ID is nothing that has to do with menu-navigation or something else.

It´s just an ID you´ll see, if you will use the subtitle-button on your remote-control. if you skip through the subtitle you´ll see the ID of each subtitle-stream.

that´s it - a simple use-responce to show the user which subtitle-stream he/she is using.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]