FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitle formats.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Hildreth
Subtitle formats.
on Jul 21, 2011 at 4:49:19 pm

I have a DVD and Blu-ray project that needs to have Japanese subtitles, I've contacted CaptionMax about the translation and subtitling.

Encore accepts text and two image formats for subtitles, what is the preferred format?
What are the advantages or disadvantages of using images or text. If I go with text do I run the risk of Encore screwing up the Japanese characters? What are the "Asian text options" in the text import menu?

I'll also need to convert these 29.97 subs to 25fps for a PAL DVD release. Someone else in town is going to do that for me, I assume with Lemony. Can that accept the same text or image scripts?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Subtitle formats.
on Jul 22, 2011 at 1:50:21 am

david,
could you please tell us, how you will change the video-material to match with 25fps.

will it be conformed to 25fps or will it have the same duration. if it´ll be confomed the best way to go might be to change 29.98NDF to 24fps and then conform it to 25fps, so you´ll only have a 4% speedup, and a 1/2 semi-tone pitch up in the audio.

I would advice to use text-files with the format-conversion, because it´s the most easy way to change the TCs from 29.98 to 25fps.

if you will be sure, your japanees txt wont get in trouble you might better use an image-script.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

David Hildreth
Re: Subtitle formats.
on Jul 22, 2011 at 4:06:33 pm

It will not be conformed, it will be very close to the same duration.

I talked to them yesterday and we decided on FAB scripts for NTSC, PAL and HD. Has anyone had any problems with HD FAB image scripts in Encore? If I use the same project for the DVD and the Blu-ray will Encore scale all the subs or is there a way to import separate SD and HD scripts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]