FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore DVD works through RCA but not HDMI

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Delaney
Encore DVD works through RCA but not HDMI
on Jul 13, 2011 at 8:56:18 pm

Hi there,

So I have a DVD to do for a client who wants to take a about 20 training DVD's and VHS tapes and consolidate them onto one or two DVD's.

I've encountered an interesting problem however... I encoded everything and created 2 DL DVD's (all footage is SD). When I play it back in the Encore Preview window everything works as it should. Same if I play the DVD back in a DVD player connect by RCA to my TV.

The weird thing is that some, not all of the videos playback with no sound when I connect the TV via HDMI cable. All files were encoded using Media Encoder and the standard NTSC Mpeg2 DVD format.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong. Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Matt

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Encore DVD works through RCA but not HDMI
on Jul 14, 2011 at 7:45:21 am

matthew,
you havenĀ“t told us if you are using a standalone DVD-player with HDMI-connector or a BD-player.

mostly you need to set the HDMI-output within the players prior you could see anything through HDMI.

normally there should be no problem as DVD have no AACS-encryption. other possibilty: damaged cable

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Encore DVD works through RCA but not HDMI
on Jul 17, 2011 at 5:43:42 pm

Sounds like a cable issue. If the DVD is mastered and done and plays fine. It won't NOT play out a HDMI for some reason.

I fine HDMI to be iffy sometimes. Check the connections. Unplug them, stick em back in. When you have a solid picture (Play ALT. DVD) then check it.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]