FORUMS: list search recent posts

Probably a stupid question about Encore made blu-rays

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Sayre
Probably a stupid question about Encore made blu-rays
on Jun 30, 2011 at 10:05:56 pm

I just made my first blu-ray disc on my brand new internal drive for my PC. The disc plays fine in the two blu-ray players I have tried the disc in. But it does not play in the internal drive that I created the disc in. I put the disc back into the computer after its finished being burnt, and nothing happens. I try to manually start it up, ie double clicking on the file on the disc, and windows media tries to play it but fails, not recognizing the file type.
I've successfully watched the disc in two separate blu-ray players, which it managed without a single glitch. So at least I know the disc I am making are fine. They just can't play in my computer on the drive that created them, apparently.
So here's the dumb question: is there a particular player that I need to have on my computer to watch blu-ray discs? With DVDs both that I've made and bought, windows media works just fine. Do I need another player for blu-rays?

Return to posts index

minu sharma
Re: Probably a stupid question about Encore made blu-rays
on Jul 1, 2011 at 5:57:00 am

Hi Andrew,

You can use Power DVD ultra , it can play both DVD and Blu rays.

Thanks
Minu

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jul 3, 2011 at 5:58:33 pm

the important thing is - you can´t playback BDs using an external drive, because of copyprotection within BD-spec.

if it is an internal BD-drive it should work.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Andrew Sayre
on Jul 5, 2011 at 1:40:22 pm

See that's the thing. The discs play without a problem in blu-ray players that I have tried. But they will not play in the internal I bought. Which being the very drive they were created in, seems odd.
My computer can recognize stuff on the disc, the files etc., but windows media doesn't recognize them and won't play them. So the best I can figure out is that windows media doesn't recognize the BD format.
Before I go out and look for a program for playing bd discs on my computer, I thought I should check and see if it really is about windows media player not being able to play blu-ray discs or some other compatibility issue.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:34:14 pm

andrew,
you need to buy ARCSOFT media theater or WinDVD to playback your BDs. windows media player wont do that, because it can´t decrypt the AACS encryption in the disc.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Andrew Sayre
on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:42:13 pm

Okay, that's what I thought was going on. Best to check with people with far bigger brains than mine before spending money or risking viruses on some bad freeware download.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]