FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make a subtitle track appear automatically (without having to select it) when the video plays?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amar Salgia
How to make a subtitle track appear automatically (without having to select it) when the video plays?
on Jun 29, 2011 at 6:51:05 am

Dear Friends,

I'm using Adobe Encore CS4 to make a DVD for a short film which I produced, and I have added several subtitle tracks including English, French and Spanish.

What I'd like to do is make it so that the English subtitle track appears *automatically* when someone puts in the DVD and selects "Play" from the main menu. In other words, I'd like to have the appearance of the English subtitles to be the default setting, rather than have no subtitles at all as the default setting. This way, the viewer sees the English subtitles automatically without having to select them, and if they wish to see subtitles in other languages - or no subtitles at all - those options can be selected as desired.

I've seen this feature in many commercially produced DVDs for studio films, and I'd like to make it so in my Adobe Encore CS4 DVD design. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I greatly appreciate any instructions that anyone can provide.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Marc S.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: How to make a subtitle track appear automatically (without having to select it) when the video plays?
on Jun 29, 2011 at 12:20:39 pm

hi Amar,
first let me say - Encore is not the favour of hollywood studios, they are working with other tools.

but you can also force display of subtitle with encore.

here´s the way to go:

you need to select the button, that starting your film and look at the properties.

look for the link@, and klick on the triangle on the right of it. you´ll get popup, where you can select several things - select specify link on the very bottom.

a new window will be opened, where you need to select the specific subtitle-track and then you need to link to your track. you can also choose the first chapter.

hope this helps.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]