FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac Mini as Encore transcoding/burning machine?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Fenty
Mac Mini as Encore transcoding/burning machine?
on Jun 24, 2011 at 5:20:09 am

I have to author a lot of DVDs (sometimes 15-20 per day), and I'm finding that I'm being limited by the fact that there is no queue to Encore, so I pretty much end up spending a good deal of time babysitting the machine, waiting on transcodes to finish. What I'm looking for is a cheap(ish) solution that will allow me to increase the number of Encore projects I can have running simultaneously, and perhaps also help with burning the resulting ISOs to disk. I currently have a Mac Pro that's doing an admirable job of everything I throw at it, and would continue to be the place where all the editing magic happens. This is SD video we're talking about (mostly), so shouldn't be too big a load. I'm even thinking of making the system headless and managing it purely through screen sharing from the previously mentioned Mac Pro. Of course, if there's a better/cheaper way to do this, then by all means, let me know. I don't want to waste money on something I don't need.

To recap:
I need to author Encore Projects faster/more automated
Mostly SD Video
Already have a much higher-powered computer to do actual editing on
DVD authoring would pretty much be the sole purpose

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Mac Mini as Encore transcoding/burning machine?
on Jun 28, 2011 at 6:45:29 am

Brandon,
you left out some important information!

what kind of projects this would be - just simple 1 track-DVDs (without any menus) or are there a few menus, or whatever.

if it´s a very simple one, they could be done using apple compressor 3.5 or higher.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]