FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange vertical moiré patteren on encoded video?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Janus Vinther
Strange vertical moiré patteren on encoded video?
on Jun 20, 2011 at 1:34:42 pm

Can anyone tell me why I get a vertical moiré pattern when I encode from HDV (1080i-50 PAL) to DV-AVI and subsequently to MPEG2-DVD (for normal DVD-burning).

The reason I don't go directly from HDV to MPEG2-DVD, is that on my computer it takes about 42 hours to encode a full 100 minute video. I think the long encoding time is because the HDV-format is filled with color grading effects (Magic Bullet), so I decide to export to tape (DVcam) and then capture the edited movie to a DV-timeline (which would include the color graded effects in the video and in fact that the MPEG2-format is lower than the DV-AVI it should be ok).
It kinda worked, from an encoding-time perspective, and the encoding time to MPEG2DVD only took about 1 hour, but the result was ugly and ended up with a vertical moiré pattern distorting it.

Does anyone know why this could be, and which of my settings could be wrong to cause this?

Sincerely, Janus.

Janus Vinther

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Strange vertical moiré patteren on encoded video?
on Jun 20, 2011 at 4:59:15 pm

Janus,
one reason might be, because of wrong field-order.

HDV has upper, DV(Cam) has lower field first.

I would use MPEG Streamclip instead to downscale your video to SD. it´s a free application that could be downloaded.

easy to use and available for PC and MAC.

so export your HDV-film as selfcontained film, then use Streamclip to downscale it to SD using foto-jepeg codec and upper field first, encode your SD-film to MPEG2 (with upper field first) for DVD then author.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]