FORUMS: list search recent posts

Difference between Playlist and Chapter Playlist?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Johnston
Difference between Playlist and Chapter Playlist?
on Jun 15, 2011 at 9:13:35 pm

Can anyone tell me the difference *functionally*? The help files merely say that playlists are for chapters from multiple timelines, and chapter playlists are limited just to chapters within one timeline.

From this description, it would seem as though Playlists can serve the function of both, and that chapter playlists are merely limited in their function? Is there any reason why I shouldn't use a regular playlist even if all of the chapters in the playlist are from the same timeline?

Also, I have seen posts about how BluRay doesn't allow for chapter playlists. Is that true of regular playlists as well, or does it only reject "chapter playlists"?

Thanks in advance!

FCS 3
AE 10.0.1.19
ProTools 8.0.4cs2
Mbox2Pro
Matrox MXO2 mini
OSX 10.6.6
MacPro 2x2.7GHz
8GB RAM

Return to posts index

minu sharma
Re: Difference between Playlist and Chapter Playlist?
on Jun 16, 2011 at 6:43:21 am

Hi

Playlist - Can contain timelines , slideshows , chapter playlist . Playlists provide more efficient navigation possibilities . A playlist plays back all the elements included , one after the other ( in whatever order you add them)

Chapter playlist - Limited to one timeline having chapters , you can organize chapters of a particular timeline to play in some order .

In Encore does not allow chapter playlist in Blu ray but playlist is supported .

Thanks
Minu

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Difference between Playlist and Chapter Playlist?
on Jun 16, 2011 at 7:38:23 am

hi minu,
in fact this is no real playlist for blu-ray, as all clips will be placed in a different title and a seperate movieobject will call this title.

normally you´ll one playlist with different playlist-items that containing the different clips with a seamlessly connection, so you´ll be able to skip chapters forward and backwards - not possible with encore!

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]