FORUMS: list search recent posts

Selecting Menu Buttons

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caleb Frost
Selecting Menu Buttons
on Jun 15, 2011 at 8:37:33 pm

I have an Idea that I've been working on but I can't seem to get it to work. I want to have an Image of a snowman on the front of the menu and whenever a button is selected to have the snowman point to it. I want it to seem that just his arms are moving to to point at each item. However, with everything I try I always get a button conflict or overlap. Is there a way anyone can think of to get this working.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Selecting Menu Buttons
on Jun 16, 2011 at 7:18:08 am

caleb,
could you please post a screenshot so we can have a look?

there is one way to do so, but it´s a bit of work - I just would like to see your menu to tell you the way do do this.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Luis O Maymi
on Jun 16, 2011 at 9:53:06 am

I would use two different shapes, one being the snowman arm and the other for the items. Then I will organize them in different folders so in Encore the buttons move at the same time (arm and item). Of course this could work if you only have those two shapes, but if you have more buttons in your menu then this will probably not work. A screenshot will be nice.

The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing.
http://www.xeneuxe.com/lomaymi

Return to posts index

Caleb Frost
on Jun 16, 2011 at 2:24:36 pm

Here is a photoshop file of the menu I've been working on I already have the snowman in place I just need to get the animation and button selection set up

Return to posts index

Luis O Maymi
on Jun 18, 2011 at 2:46:50 am

Hello again Caleb

One question, are those three arms (sticks) are always there or do they appear when navigating menu buttons?

Just by looking at it I believe the third arm and first arm (from the left side) of the snowman are causing the overlap with "Play Reel" and "Video Resume". On the right side the third arm overlaps with "Individual Projects". I am correct?

What I would do is make the hand shorter until I get them to not overlap with other layers, but this will change your design. Basically your snowman hand will be animated in different sizes depending on where is pointing. You can try that and see how it looks. If not, you could move the snowman to one side of the canvas (left or right) and put the text in vertical order on the opposite side. This way you will only need to use one side of the snowman arm to point to the menu buttons. Of course, this will completely change your design. Just giving you a few ideas to try.

The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing.
http://www.xeneuxe.com/lomaymi

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jun 18, 2011 at 7:36:13 am

well,
I see 4 (?) options to select, is that correct? or are there additional options with the arms?

so the most easy way is to create 4 screens/menus with the arm(s) on each single position and some additional (hidden) auto-activated button. these (automatic) button should navigate your from menu-page to menu-page (with different arm-positions).

you cant use a normal button-overlay for this, as these arms starting at the same position and it´s not allowed to have overlapping buttons with DVD.

if you would go BD you could create different muli-layer-sub-pages with the different arm-positions and switch between them, that would be more easy and very nice for your project.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Caleb Frost
on Jun 22, 2011 at 4:45:17 pm

I set up the DVD menu and I have 1 arm showing per menu selected. It now looks like the snow man's arms just appear I would like to have when the left side is being selected that the right is out straight. However, that will cause major button issues. I am interested in the solution in the last post. There are only 4 options currently I might make his hat fly up to select something else, but that is in the future. I have some questions what is BD referring to? Couldn't I just use the visible buttons already there to do the auto-activate to move between menu or what is the point of the hidden buttons? I guess I would prefer a little more explanation on the last post.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]