FORUMS: list search recent posts

Added Frames

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wes Heath
Added Frames
on Jun 10, 2011 at 2:33:15 pm

I'm looking for the answer to why Encore adds 12 frames to each asset added to a project. I'm building a demo television hour and the extra frames create longer black segments between elements in the hour. Also it seems to leave a ghost of the last video. Any thoughts?

Wes

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Added Frames
on Jun 10, 2011 at 6:32:31 pm

hi wes,
this is happening if you are using AC-3 with adobe encore. if you replace it with PCM audio (and set the project-transcoding-settings to PCM), you´ll get rid of this black frames.

blame adobe - that´s a stupid idea!

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Wes Heath
on Jun 10, 2011 at 6:47:46 pm

Thank you I'm trying it as I type.

Return to posts index

Phil Condit
on Jun 12, 2011 at 7:53:30 pm

So what you're saying is that if I am making a 5.1 surround sound DVD using ac3 tracks in Adobe Encore, my repeating video menu background will have 12 frames of black between the repeats? Funny, that's exactly what is happening to me! You suggest switching to PCM audio, but not only does that mean a much larger file size, it also means my feature will be in STEREO - NOT 5.1! Is there not a way to have a 5.1 surround sound audio track and a menu with a video background that repeats without 12x of black? I'd hate to have to switch to a static background for my menu as that really diminishes the quality of the program - kind of like showing a slide show instead of a movie.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jun 12, 2011 at 8:43:32 pm

phil,
I haven´t tested this with DVD but we have tested this with encore-created blu-ray disc.

if you would like to create a DVD that wont have 12frames black at the end of your looping menu or would like to use AC3 5.1-audio you should look for another dvd-authoring-solution.

DVD Studio would be your choice on mac, or any other professional DVD-solution on PC.

sorry - no other choice.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Phil Condit
on Jun 13, 2011 at 3:28:14 am

Thanks for the unfortunate advice. I may have a work around. I'm thinking about looping the video background for a minute or so in Premiere and exporting that to mpeg2 and wav. Then taking that into Encore. Anybody who leaves the menu on for over a minute deserves to see 12 frames of black =;)

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jun 13, 2011 at 7:25:14 am

phil,
I´m just curiouse, what will happen if you set the looping-point 12 frames earlier?

does that make any difference?

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]